Electric Autocrossing

To: "Steven N. Burkett" <sburkett@ooi.com>
Subject: Electric Autocrossing
From: Paul Cezanne <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:47:22 -0400
At 1:19 PM -0500 6/15/00, Steven N. Burkett wrote:

>I'm considering converting my '84 RX-7 to electric.  What class would I
>run in?  It appears that NO class would allow me (not even mod).  Has
>anyone ever autocrossed an electric?

A local driver in NER considered building an electric A-Mod car about
5 years back.  He figured that he could run off of about 4 car
batteries for 90 seconds or something like that.  He woud then switch
to fresh batteries for the next run.

He saw in the rules about fuels and an electric car appeared to be
illegal.  He wrote the SEB and got permission to do it.

Alas, soon after his sponsors bailed and the free DSR chassis never
showed up and the project was sadly shelved.
--
pZ -- Paul Cezanne (formerly Czarnecki)

Please consider buying my wife's new book, The Illusionist,
(http://www.JeannetteAngell.com) and then help the UN feed the world
for free @ http://www.TheHungerSite.com