Seen a fire!?

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seen a fire!?
From: Bill Sanford <tvrdude@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 00:28:57 -0700
Sadly the most recent fire I saw was on the axle of the Caddy Tow Hearse
when the right rear axle sheared off and shot into the weeds. ( Had been
trying to locate a bizarre sound that sounded like was coming from rear
of
trans.) The fire extinguisher I had basically broke right after putting
out the fire (the first time)! 2nd flare up required manipulation with
pliers,...got it out, then saw the fire in the grass I started, 100'
back
up the road. Headed to the fire (to protect my new Tuscan on the back of
my now stationary Tow rig). Hell nor consternation would make the 1/2
full exting. shoot again. After careful consideration, decided that I
could stomp it out (Smokey the Bear would have been proud).

As a side note, somehow several people mistook me as the passenger with
Pilar when the RX-7 flamed up (I still remember the dots!). Other than
dark hair and in the 6' range, Vic Sias and I look nothing alike! I was
not at the event and the first I knew about it was when the first of
several people came up to me and asked how I was doing since the
accident/
fire a week or so later.

Bill