Re: Was smog,now electric

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Was smog,now electric
From: "Ron N." <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 09:54:29 -0400
Bill wrote:
> Many years ago, some of us put on an auto-x for electric cars on North
> Island. Most were High school project cars, a "dragster" that its main
> noise was the spray of gravel on departure from its large tires.
> GM had its prototype of the EV-1 there and I drove around a little,
> peppier than I thought it would be.
>
> At that time it was called the: "GM Impact".
>
>        Wonder why they changed the name????

Ohhh, Ohhh, Ohhhh (my best Horshack imitation)!
They changed the name from Impact because of negative publicity it could
possibly create, IMPACTing it's presence in the EV marketplace.  Besides,
everyone knows that electric vehicles still IMPACT the world in which we
live.  That electricity has to come from somewhere, something has to turn
those generators, all forms of electricity production has a negative IMPACT.
No, you say, what about hydroelectric?  Hydroelectric powerplants DO IMPACT
the ecosystem.  So EV's are just as threatening as other modes of
transportation.

TANSTAAFL.

Ron N. - Dalton, Ga
84 300ZX Turbo