Re: FW: neon Neon R/T Wheels--Huh?

To: Jeffrey Blankenship <jblanken@amdocs.com>
Subject: Re: FW: neon Neon R/T Wheels--Huh?
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:42:57 -0500
Jeffrey Blankenship wrote:

> > Don't make me feel like an idiot, but I thought that the R/T
> > wheels that came stock from the factory where 15"
> <snip>
> > If they are only 14's, why so little?
> <snip>
> > I would want at least a 15" for handling.

This is my take.......

Autocross tires:

Smaller diameter = better gearing, less wieght.  Autocross tires have
very stiff sidewalls, which allow a taller aspect ratio while still
providing handling advantages.

Street Tires:

Bigger diameter = shorter sidewalls (assuming same rolling diameter).
*Most* street tires have relatively flexy sidewalls, and this allows a
shorter sidewall resulting in a stiffer sidewall which can improve
handing feel.  It may not always improve all areas of handling, but feel
is better.

IMHO

Pat Washburn