The Mitchells

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Mitchells
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:42:40 -0400
<<<That's why we have the Dwight Mitchell Clock, er, I mean Shot
Clock...>>>

Back in the old days when I had to walk 5 miles through the snow
without any drivers shoes to get to the SFR Pro Solo, I found myself
running the lights for the challenge.

Just before Linda Mitchell made her first appearance, Dwight walked up
and put his arm around my shoulders. <uh oh> He told me that Linda had
a special way of getting ready. She needed a while to concentrate
before she was ready so please don't start the lights until she
nodded. The first time I went to the other driver first and got her
nod, then I turned to Linda and she was grimacing like mad in her open
face helmet. She kept it up for what seemed like forever making this
face that would scare Satan. Then she gave this vigorous shake of her
head and I started the light. The rest of the time I went to her first
so it was fairer to the other driver. I don't think she was trying to
psych anybody out and none of the other women complained. That was
just how she preferred to do things.

Mary Rice had an even worse grimace but she could manage to go from
complete calm to road warrior in about .5 seconds. Now that was
scary...

Paul Foster