Re: was Re: Running two courses at Peru, now National Tours and l ocal e

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: was Re: Running two courses at Peru, now National Tours and l ocal events
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:56:14 -0400
> At least here, the people that tend to travel to big autocross
> events, are also the ones who do the lion's share of the local event
> organizational work. If taken too far, this can seriously hamper the
ability of a
> region to put on local events.

True, but never underestimate the ability of people to step up to the
plate once the need is clear.  Three years ago, I ran no National events.
 I also chaired 6 of the 8 local autocrosses.  Last year, I ran 4
National events (+ Nationals itself), and chaired no events, but
co-chaired registration.  This year, 6 National events and counting, and
I announce 1 heat as my regular work assignment.  That's it.

And things are going great.  Lots of times, folks sit back and let other
people run things, mistakenly feeling that they aren't needed or wouldn't
do it as well.  In our little region, we have some seriously lazy (and/or
entitled) competitors who think all they *ever* need to do is show up 5
seconds before registration closes, demand to work the first heat (as
starter), run the second, and leave, but most autoxers are willing to
pitch in once they know we need help with something.

On another topic, the license plate (and the e-mail address) MRNDR2 is
our version of Mr. and Mrs. Two.  Mister and Doctor 2.  (Had to combine
the two topics, since I'm now up to 140 posts for the year. Sigh.)

mlc
'91 MR2 NA
Clinical Psychologist during the week...
-----anything after this, I didn't write, and don't necessarily agree
with----

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.