First Autocross Pro? A Woman?!?

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: First Autocross Pro? A Woman?!?
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 12:13:12 -0400
dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> I want to make my
> living doing autocross (stop laughing Roger) and the sport isn't
"finished"
> until it's possible for me - or at least for a regular group of
"someones",

<<<Bwahahahaheeheee! NFW, bud. To make a living, you gotta have this
thing
called "income." In pro sports, it comes from folks we like to call
"paying spectators." Solo's been around a long, long time. Nobody's
ever
managed to get the public to come watch it AND pay for the privilege.
"Dream on, dream on," to paraphrase a certain Mr. Hendrix.

This is a hobby. A damn challenging (and expensive) one, but still a
hobby. I think you'd be much better off just learning to have fun
doing
it. And, BTW, "don't quit the day job just yet.">>>

AFAIK, Stacy Reitmeier was the first real 'pro'. I think she made her
living at least one year doing Pro Solos, Divisionals, Nationals, and
as a part-time instructor at the Skippy School at Sears Point. She
flew to a number of events and arranged to borrow a competitive car
from someone local. Jeff would never tell me what she made that year
but I think it was fairly sizeable.

Paul Foster

BTW, there is no way I have posted that many times! Your counting
program obviously has it in for me! And why is that black helicopter
just hovering...