Re: Killer Solo Car for sale

To: solo-2@juno.com, Hottvr@aol.com
Subject: Re: Killer Solo Car for sale
From: "Don Kline" <solo2dmmr2@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:30:19 PDT
I'm sure that I may have a few minor points in error but here goes.  The car
was built for D-Mod.  Couldn't get it light enough so Wayne increased the
displacement of the 1.6l Formula Atlantic engine to *barely* get into E-Mod.
  Hoping to be the lightest competitive car in E instead of the heaviest
competitive in D.

If you compare the results from years when both classes ran in the dry you
will find that typically D and E dovetail *very* nicely time wise.  Usually
EMod would be first then the fastest DMod would be 2nd or 3rd, but you never
know with Chris driving in DMod.  In 1999 EMod ran the first two days and
there was a lot of rain those days.  DMod ran the last two days and all runs
were in the dry, and after the course had a chance to warm up a little bit.

I was fortunate enough to get to drive this car the first year he had it out
and it was a hoot to drive.  Wayne is an excellent engine builder, and
designed the chassis himself.  A *very* informative and pleasant guy to talk
with.  I don't know why he's selling but I do know the car is fast, and can
give someone that can handle it a National Championship.

When he built the car I had a Opel GT with a 13B and an automatic that a
friend and I built.  After selling out to my friend, my wife and I got our
MR2.  With teenagers  and bills it's been difficult to do anything to the
car but the free stuff (cut metal out and remove stuff) but we do enjoy
running the car.

Hope to see some of you at National.  It's worth the trip.  Been there every
year since '78 and plan on another this year.  As for being competitive, I'm
not (though I've been *"lucky"* enough to trophy twice), but the people
always make it worth the trip.  I've made a number of friends around the
country and for me it's gotten to be "old home week".

I apologize for any errors in the above information about Waynes car but I
think it is fairly accurate.  If not we will find out.

in HIS grace thru Jesus,
Don