Re: [Racing] Re: The Rape of Prepared Catagories (was:Trying to catch t

To: <FieroRacingList@egroups.com>, <NEOKLA-SoloII@egroups.com>,
Subject: Re: [Racing] Re: The Rape of Prepared Catagories (was:Trying to catch the spotlight)
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:31:27 -0500
I have conversed with both Howard Duncan and Jim McKamey.
Yes, I am vocal and outspoken. But I am trying to be a part of the
solution also.

I am writing articles addressing the problem, rounding up Prepared
competitors comments and suggestions - you know - -  from those
directly involved (are you one of those?).

I am taking other steps - with the blessings of McKamey, I might add -
which I am not at liberty to discuss until I receive some response from
the rest of the PAC (most are competing this weekend, I understand).

I am putting a lot of time and energy into this project. Does that sound
like a witch hunt??

BTW, it wasn't just a mistake. The "system" singled me out (how many
other 2.3 or 2.7 Prepared Fieros are in the SCCA that you know of?).
The "system" has a problem that needs addressed. The "system" needs
fixed so it doesn't happen again, maybe to you next time (even though
you are not involved in this class/catagory, it isn't a problem that is
class sensitive). It is that "system" that I hope to have a part in fixing.

Nothing about individuals, here. About the system and constraints the
individuals on the committees and boards have to work within.The SCCA
has to adapt "new thinking" that sometimes is "outside the box".

Again, where is the witch hunt in all that??