: the whole NT/participation thing [long]

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: : the whole NT/participation thing [long]
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:04:26 -0400
Katie Kelly writes:

>I agree with Mari Clements except for one thing:

>>Second, and not to be overly harsh, no one is
>>denying anyone (top-level
>>or not) entry into Peru or any other National Event.  >They denied
>>themselves by procrastinating.

>So, if 300+ entrants send their entries in ahead of time, then what?

Sounds like PCA Porsche Parade, the yearly gettogether. You have to
mail your application the day registration opens or you will probably
not get in. They don't accept any apps postmarked prior to the entry
date and they go strictly by postmark and blind drawing if there are
too many applicants. But it probably doesn't hurt if you know the
registrar. :)

I'd be more in favor of having multiple courses, multiple sites, or
even multiple days. Autocrossing needs to maintain it's grassroots
appeal by not excluding anybody.

Paul Foster