participation levels

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: participation levels
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:56:12 -0400
Maybe I have a skewed view of reality, but nearly every day I work 11
hours a day.  Spending 8-11 hours at an autocross isn't my idea of
punishment.

And Steve Telehowski--and anyone else--if you felt flamed by my earlier
e-mail, please accept my sincere apologies.  That was not my intention.
I did want to point out that we really don't have a feasible way of
qualifying people for big events and that *with the current system in the
current year and with the writing on the wall with the earlier entry
levels,* Peru filling up was entirely predictable.  Wasn't Evansville
(the event Peru is replacing) always huge--even in slimmer turnout years?

One other thing I didn't say was that running National events for the
past year and a half has been an incredible learning experience for me,
and I'm grateful to have had that opportunity.  I am sure that my driving
has gotten much, much better as a direct result of National events.  As a
concrete example, being lined up against Jerette Zoner at a ProSolo was
great.  "Hmm, I don't hear her braking yet.  I must be braking too
early."

mlc
'91 MR2 NA
-----anything after this, I didn't write, and don't necessarily agree