Census

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Census
From: jwalter@ptra.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 19:57:07 -0500
Well Phill, I just realized you sent that via the list.

The census bureau only claims (on their web site) to have husbanded the
information in a strictly confidential manner since 1950.

Here's the link and the comments from my "informed source", want to guess
his/her flavor?

What follows is a link to the Census Bureau's document touting their
"dedication to confidentiality".  See page two.
http://www.2000.census.gov/iqa/doc/privacy.pdf
Note that they conveniently stopped shy of 1941-2 when the census records
were used to identify, abduct and imprison innocent Japanese Americans.
"No one can connect your answers with your name or address."
Right...