stock class, my letter

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: stock class, my letter
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 11:27:49 -0400
does this explain my situation, last year I wrote my letter, SCAC was kind
enough to review it and decline the proposal, so I figured I needed to prep
the car to the *absolute* limits of the rules, did so and the car is still
at a 3-5% disadvantage to an equally prepared MX5

I don't think it's that bad considering it is at a 10% weight disadvantage,
(over the heaviest MX5) I believe now is the chance to put it where it
belongs (with the E30 M3) the cars are similar in everything except torque
and HP both weigh in about 26xx lbs both have 7" wheels, they have the same
motor +/- .4l  with the M44 with the M3 having the nudge in Horsepower...
(technology can do wonderful things with the same motor)

I know I am the only person running this car (in BS) in SSB they are coming
out in droves (but look at the trunk kit they get to compete with the MX5)
Club racing made parity
can soloII,, the Z3 and mx5 are not the same species of car at all, despite
looking similar, that is where the connection ends..

otherwise I need to move to EP because there is my only chance at winning..
Look At the BMW 6 cylinder sedans also they also have the same performance
potential as the Z3

just to give you an idea the trunk kit the Z3 is allowed to use in SSB has

H+R Springs, custom valved D/A Koni's, M3 upper strut mounts and M3 lower
front control arms and offset bushings, 16x8" wheels, and then they are only
_almost_ competitive...

please do the right thing SCAC/SEB

Jeff Lloyd

did I forget anything?

AB wrote:
Classing cars of similar types in similar classes was the *guideline*  It
simply
can't happen in all cases.  The example you state (300ZX TT, 3000GT TT and
Supra
TT), while it supports your argument, doesn't make the best sense for the
membership.  While similar in design, the performance parameters of the
Supra
far exceed the Nissan and the Mitsu for Solo2 applications.  Would it be
right
to group them together in Class 2 (to the detriment of the other 2 cars)
just
because they are similar in some ways?  Should the SEB move the Supra into
Class
3 to be mated to the others for the same reason?  I say no.  There are
exceptions to every rule and it wouldn't have been the right thing to do
(IMHO)
to just start lumping like cars together without taking a closer look at
each
one.