Re:2001 Class changes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:2001 Class changes
From: Chris Shepard <maverick@purplemtn.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 17:15:48 -0600
        How 'bout a SPEC and Solo II class for 12A's?  Did wonders
        for Club Racing...might work for autox?

        Sign me up, if.....

        Whoever might draw up such a thing would take a look
        at NASA's Pro7 specs.  As you can see from my siggy block,
        I'm the proud owner of a 12A, however the beast does not,
        and does not wish to have, any interior fluff.  For this
        "sin" I am condemned to F Prepared by the SCCA, although
        it is barely a Spec7 suspension-wise, and easily creamed
        by any half-fast driver in an old CS Miata.  ;)

        My tactic, of course, will be to get in through the back
        door, by building it to ITA and then moving "across" to
        CSP.  F Prepared leaves me in the Twilight Zone.  8-D

        I have been told that the "gutting of interior"
        throws me into Prepared since it is a cost containment
        issue (weight) for Street Prepared.  What cost?
        I ripped it out without spending a penny, and it's
        still my daily driver.  Don't anybody mention Colo's
        Street Mod, puleeeze....that's not the issue  ;)

        Anyhow, if the powers that be decide to conjure up a
        spec/class for 12A's, would they please not just copy
        Club Racing's specs for Solo II?  (We really don't
        need a $500 roll cage for autocross).  Mostly due to
        the popularity of Spec7 and Pro7 racing, there are now
        oodles of itty-bitty, super-cheap "goodies" for the
        81-85 12A bunch, like the "behind the passenger's seat"
        battery box I'm about to install.  Huh?  Oh, NO!!!  That
        puts me into Modified WHAT?!?!?!   <Beeg Grin>

        Just two cents...not worth bending over to pick up.

--
Chris "Maverick" Shepard
Bailey, Colorado