Hoosiers on TypeR ???'s

To: phax@onelist.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Hoosiers on TypeR ???'s
From: Eric Moon <info@scca-susq.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:08:24 -0400
Oh Knowledgeable Listers,

What tire pressures would you recommend for a GS TypeR with stock alignment
running 205 A compound Hoosier Radials?

I had the tires as high as 51 PSI in the front to keep from chunking the
sidewall edges, but for some reason that seems insanely high.   Thoughts,
recommendations?  (Other than "Don't overdrive the car"  :-P  )
Also, I couldn't figure out how to get the rear end of the car to loosen
up.  More air in the rear didn't seem to do anything, and I was afraid to
go too low.  Are the Hoosiers opposite from Kumhos in that they get looser
at lower pressures?

I'm not expecting anyone to divulge Nationals winning setups (not that
you'd have to worry about me having a chance at beating you anyway)  but I
really could use a little friendly advice to get me started in the right
direction.

Thanks,
Eric Moon

Eric Moon
Co-Driver - Kosher Rice Racing G Stock '00 Acura Type R
'92 Miata - Taking a Year off for R&D
e-mail:        info@scca-susq.com
pager:         7173297074@mobile.att.net
Appalachian Sports Car Club   www.scca-susq.com