Re: Is there a good place that refinishes wheels?

To: jblanken@amdocs.com
Subject: Re: Is there a good place that refinishes wheels?
From: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:55:49 -0500
I had tried to get a 5-spoke wheel repaired at WheelsAmerica (?) but was
told the damage at the rim was too close to a spoke and it was unlikely
to get enough weld penetration for a good repair (the aluminum gets very
thick at the spoke web). Alternatively, I bought a reconditioned wheel
from them.  Unfortunately, I can't attest to the reliability of the
reconditioned wheel since I traded the set away but cosmetically, it was
almost like OEM (at least on the front side).

Dave Yeung
Houston Region

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.