Timing software... Not just AUTOX!

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Timing software... Not just AUTOX!
From: "Carl C." <carlc@iname.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:19:31 -0400
Hello folks,

        Well as all the local Equipe Rapide drivers in South Florida know,
I've been handling timing for the last 2 years since the departure of
Robin Karoly (Anyone in Jacksonville still see him???!?!?).

        We just got a laptop from a local racer. Its got OS/2 on it, but
I want to go to LINUX instead. We also have a printer (my old Canon 10EX).
Luckly, I can run the entire thing using a 12V to 120V converter and
a car battery (See why you need tie downs <hehehehe>).

        Our requirements for software are unique, so much so I may have
to put a few of my programmers to work. Its not just autocrossing, its
the speed trial that really causes the problems. Thats where I would
enter 3 car numbers and the next 9 times go into those 3 cars:

        <times are as they break the lights, in order>
        Car-one time #1 time #4 time#7
        Car-two time #2 time #5 time#8
        Car-three       time #3 time #6 time#9

        <Speed Trial, 3 cars on track, circular track, all cars get
a warm up lap (breaks lights for start) and 3 timed laps>

        I don't want to use autox software as I have to enter the cars
over and over and over during those 3 laps. UGH!!!

        The icing on the cake would be where I say "X" number of cars
and the software creates the array. Of course, DNS/DNF/OC has to be
able to work.

        The extra special award is if it runs NOT ON WINDOWS, but on
LINUX.

        Please respond back to me privately at carlc@iname.com. I'm on
digest mode.

        Thanks,
        Carl
--- Carlc@iname.com --- WWW Home Page of ---
         - Equipe Rapide Sports Car Club (ER) in West Palm Beach/Ft.
Lauderdale
         - South Florida Sports Car Assoc. (SFSCA) in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
                            http://autox.carlc.com/
          Why do I live in Florida? So I can race all year long!

                                South Park Racing
                Oh my God, You killed a cone.... You Bastard!