Re: Questions about Nationals

To: Dan Hill <dhillrcp@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Questions about Nationals
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:33:01 -0700

Dan Hill wrote:

> I have never been to nationals before and had a few questions that where not
> answered in the flier I got.
> 1.  I am ESP, and it says that I run/work on Tues and Wed.  Does that mean I
> need to be there on Monday to tech and register and after Wed evening I can
> go home?  Do they give out awards on Wed for ESP of just at the last of the
> week for everyone?

That is pretty much it. Awards for Tue/Wed are given out at the Wed
dinner. You are then free to leave.

> 2.  Is the site within walking distance of any place to stay?  I am sure
> that people camp, do they have bathrooms and showers and such or just
> port-o-cans?

Camping at the site is very close. About as close as my parking spot
when I went. Port-o-cans are on site. All the hotels are a small
distance away. I like staying up near the Wanamaker hotel sites, which
is a 10 minute drive. YMMV.

> 3.  Are all the dinners and after hours activities an the site or do you
> have to drive somewhere, ie do I have to change wheels x2 a day to go
> anywhere?

The dinners are a small distance away. At least a few miles. Baby Dolls
is pretty close.

Randy Chase