re: Suspension Gurus! What do you make of this?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Suspension Gurus! What do you make of this?
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 21:38:34 EDT
dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote :

> LF: 1056   RF: 991
> LR: 1638  RR: 561

> Which works out to:

> Front: 2047 (63%)
> Rear: 1208 (37%)
> Left: 1703 (52%)
> Right: 1552 (48%)
> Diagonal 1: 1638
> Diagonal 2: 1617

> Total: 3255

> Observations and comments?

Unless you have a formula car with almost perfect L/R balance,
forget about the diagonals, they can only get you close. Do the
math and calculate the perfect weights for each corner. This will
also confirm that your scales are accurate (each corner will be
off by the same amount, and the diagonals will be off the same
as the opposite corner). Sorry I don't have time to calc or explain
why, I have an article on pelicanparts.com that should explain.

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike@aol.com  '72 911S  '73 911RS Clone

my racing pages - http://members.rennlist.org/analogmike/

~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects   www.analogman.com