Was Appearances, Now Help Me Spend My Money

To: <Hottvr@aol.com>, <MBD96@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was Appearances, Now Help Me Spend My Money
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:25:14 -0400
>Mike(I bet this Paul Foster guy doesn't even own a car???)B.
99cm(Thats a new
>story thats certain to unfold  soon)??????????? TLS#1  the original
99cm

ROFL!

Actually, all of you can help in that regard. I have decided to sell
my '89 951S that is a combination street/track car and get a real race
car and a real street car that I can also autocross instead. The
compromises are just no fun. Here is the short list for both along
with my current ranking:

Race
====
1) GT2 914-6 - can run HSR, PCA, POC, and SCCA
2) Formula Mazda - can run SCCA and Star Mazda
3) F3 - how can you race when only 5 cars show up? (just kidding -
even Scotty B probably can't afford this!)
4) IT7 - killer clown from outer space but really cheap but SCCA only
5) EP Caterham 7 - always wanted one of these but I'd be stuck running
SCCA only. Can it run in prepared?

Street/Autocross
=============
1) '00 Porsche Boxster S
2) '95-'97 Porsche 993 - maybe a cabrio even though it would hurt
torsional rigidity
3) '01? Corvette Z06 - ya gotta be kidding, right? Well, no...
4) '00 Viper GTS - same thing but I don't know if I want to spend that
much for a car that will probably rattle on the way home from the
dealership.

Any comments? Any other cars I should consider? And I do plan to be at
Topeka in '01 so watch out!

Paul Foster