Re: SCCA CEO at Nats

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA CEO at Nats
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@QuixNet.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:22:49 -0700
> Actually, no. He is only responsible for the amateur side. Enterprises
> and Pro Racing are not his responsibilities. So we are paying someone
> as much as we paid Nick Craw to run the whole shooting match to only
> run amateur sports. It really doesn't make much sense to me but my
> vote was for Dennis Dean, who I believe does know how to operate a
> manual transmission car.
>
> Paul Foster

Who cares how much he is being paid?  The folks whose job it was to find the
new CEO obviously felt he has a certain value for the job he is expected to
do.  I doubt they reached this decision lightly and I'm sure they had much
more information to go on than any of us.  The bottom line is weather or not
he accomplishes the job he was hired for and that won't be known for some
time.  And sure it would be nice if he was out there playing with the troops
in the trenches like Nick, but that was probably not in the job description.
The simple fact that he is coming to Nationals should be enough, if he
chooses to drive, great.  But that is hardly relevant to his ability to
perform his job.  Being there, talking to us, seeing just what we do at the
highest level of our sport is the important thing.  Getting in a car and
taking a few laps really isn't going to add much to what it takes to manage
the organization.  It is in our best interest to support him in every way
possible unless or untill he proves unworthy of that support.

IMHO

Rick Brown
FP 240Z