Re: Fair Classing for everybody is ridiculous? (was Fiero

To: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Subject: Re: Fair Classing for everybody is ridiculous? (was Fiero
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 19:20:03 -0700

OK, I am learning my lesson Roger, don't get involved...: )

I am making statements as a realist.  If you want me to blow smoke up your butt,
I can do that too, bit it isn't my style.  For you to ask for the classing
structure to be "fair to every single competitor" to me means that you want
every car to have a *chance* to win.  I don't see how that statement could mean
anything else.  It isn't possible to do that, period.

Let's talk about what classes we have and 'cars of the month' shall we?

SS   1993 RX-7
AS   1995 968
BS   1999 Miata
CS   1991 MR-2
DS   1996 Neon
ES   1994 Celica
FS   1995 Camaro
GS   1998 Integra
HS   1995 Celica

What do all these "New" cars have in common?  They all won Nationals in 1999.
With the exceptions of BS and GS, seems as if a 6 year note shouldn't be a
problem...

I have NEVER heard the demand from a competitor asking for a structure that
allows a structure that will allow them to "grow thier car  with their skills."
Seems as if a decent % of the top drivers are IN stock.

I would WELCOME all ideas for new classing structures.  This is a HARD job, let
me tell you.  If I thought it was possible to do a mathematical formula to class
cars, I would have tried it by now.  I welcome your ideas - and don't just send
it to NAP, send it to the SCCA.

Hey PW:  right in my Cornflakes...

And as a true realist sent me privately, the new slogan for classing this year
at Nationals should read:  "1000 in 2000".

AB

"George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net> on 07/15/2000 04:46:12 PM