Fair Classing - Final Thoughts (hopefully)

To: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Subject: Fair Classing - Final Thoughts (hopefully)
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 07:08:44 -0700

Let's just say this:  if you don't send in your idea, assuming you can make it
work, then you have wasted your time.  I would love to read it and see if it
passes muster.  We are open to all new ideas but this one, off the top, has been
thought of, tried and proven not acceptable.  You MAY find that when you get
down to the guts of the formula.  If you can make it work, maybe the stock
classes will be all the better for it.  Why do you think we are restructuring
this year?  To continue to evolve...

I would not drive an 88 4 cyl Fiero in ES because I do not think it can win.  Is
that what you wanted me (or anyone else) to say?  There are HUNDREDS of cars
that can't win because we have only 9 classes.  Is this version of the Fiero so
popular that we are missing some huge demographic by having it in ES?  Check
where it lands in the new class structure and tell me if you think it can win...

I drive what I drive because it has a chance to win Nationals and I love the
car.  I drove a 1997 Fiero in CS when I first started and along with my learning
curve, found out that the 88 car was a better choice.  I 'upgraded' to that car
because it was more competitive but still a car I liked.  Bottom line for me, I
need to drive a car I like and a car that I feel can win.  I am a racer and this
is racing.

AB

"George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net> on 07/15/2000 11:48:19 PM