Re: Big thanks to the Shelby Club (long post)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Big thanks to the Shelby Club (long post)
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 21:14:24 -0700
It's true that a lot of Shelby Cobra owners don't drive their cars at races.
But there are exceptions.

Jerry Hauth's Cobra was built by Shelby American. Series 4000 car #31.
I got to passenger in it (as well as a Shelby GLHS that day) on the open
track. Shelby now gives you more options on engines. They are building
427 side oiler engines (30K for those with the spare loot), but Jerry put a
428 Cobra Jet engine in it instead.

Another club member, James Giese races the only existing Shelby Can
Am.