Re: Fair Classing for everybody is ridiculous? (was Fiero classing)

To: George Ryan <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Subject: Re: Fair Classing for everybody is ridiculous? (was Fiero classing)
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:16:25 -0400
George Ryan wrote:
> One more thought. There have been several threads about going from
> Street Prepared to Prepared, and how it can't be done. That is the
> progression I am talking about. One can't take a Stock car, set it up
> for Street Touring, add a few more goodies and have it in Street
> Prepared, gut it and mod the engine for Prepared, then go full blown
> with a blower for  the Mod catagory. There is no progression.

And many of us believe there is no need for such a simple, linear,
single-path progression.  Just looking at the four basic categories,
there are already two obvious progressions:

        S -> SP -> M
        S -> P -> M

Add in the "new categories", and there are more possible progressions.
Isn't choice good?  Why is the S -> SP -> P -> M idea so important?

Of course, maybe I'm just one of those egotistical national field staff
types you just love to hate, so you can feel free to automatically
naysay my opinion.

Mark