Stock category modifications

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Stock category modifications
From: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:56:25 -0500
what some folks call mods these days crack me up. on some of the
enthusiast lists, some consider using stick-on wheel weights instead of
hammer-ons as mods!  Sorry, I'm from the old school that believed any
part available from the OE manufacturer was stock. Be it pink rods,
1.65:1 rockers or a 2x4 cross-ram, if the factory offered it, it's stock.
 however, I recognize such archaic thinking doesn't hold up for SCCA
solo.

so here's a suggestion,
maybe modifications can be defined as replacement of items normally
covered by manufacturer's warranty (another new concept to me!). i.e.,
non-wear items.  So belts, hoses, brake pads, tires, shocks, spark plugs,
filters, oil, grease, fluids, wiper blades, yada, yada, yada are all
allowables. I'm sure someone can shoot holes all through this idea
finding exceptions and so forth but it seems to me like a good place to
start (and it's close to what's in place already).

Dave Yeung
Houston Region

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.