flying Neon belts

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>, "'neon'" <neon@iastate.edu>
Subject: flying Neon belts
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:56:34 -0500
Well folks, I had my 4th PS belt in 5 weeks fly off this past weekend.  But
this time I wasn't even running on an autocross course.

I was sitting in grid waiting for my 3rd run.  When my time to run was
approaching I started the car and let the AC blow on me for about 30 seconds
to cool me off a tad.  I then put the car into 1st gear to pull up into the
staging lane.  No sooner did I let the clutch pedal out (while still just
pulling into the staging lane) than WHAMMO, the AC/PS belt flew off again.

Does ANYBODY have an idea why this is happening??  I'm going nuts trying to
run a complete event without my PS belt flying off into the wild blue
yonder. ARGHHH!!!!

HELP me please.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 DS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"I ask sir, who is the militia? It is the whole people...To disarm the
people, that is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." - George
Mason