Re: The Classing Picture As A Whole/ss shocks

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Classing Picture As A Whole/ss shocks
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:16:39 -0400
Just to clarify a little, - yes, we put Penskes on our
96 Vette- and they do help a ton.  They are SINGLE
adjustables,  they aren't mega-dollar in the scheme of
things (DA Konis are mo' money) although they certainly
ain't cheap either.  I also added a bigger front bar and
that seems to be a net benefit on the car. I did not feel
the bigger bar would've worked when I had Konis on
the car although I never tried it.

And I agree with Jason, the C4 Vettes aren't at parity
with the RX7s and I doubt they will be even with gwhiz
shocks. Of course, the shocks will help and on some
courses, if the planets align, you never know......

Kent Rafferty