more stock junk

To: <ax-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: more stock junk
From: "James Rogerson" <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 08:28:15 -0500
>From all the nay sayers for "stock" cars, the theme is always a good driver
>will beat (me, you or them) a normal driver in the car no matter what level of
>preparation.

The only thing that can be inferred from this line of logic is that all
modifications are to enhance the abilities of the poorer driver.  However, the
better driver is not precluded from the same modifications.  Perhaps what you
really want is to be able to modify your car with sway bars, crash bolts and
special shocks and when (you pick the hotshoe) beats you, they would have to
REMOVE one such enhancement.  If that didn't bring them back to the proper
finish position, we could begin by adding devices to their cars that would
restrict control.  Then perhaps the less skilled driver would have the
opportunity of losing by a lesser margin.

Level playing fields don't necessarily produce "different" results.  Vonnegut
would be proud of this discussion.

Just for a little thought:  There are NO ex-racing drivers in Celebrity Golf,
the rules kill them.

James Rogerson
[FP #125] - Techless Racing
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a meaningful
relationship with women" - Joseph Heller

The census records were used in 1941-2 to identify, abduct and imprison
innocent Japanese Americans. Be sure to fill out yours.  Trust them.