Re: Neon Super Solo..all Neon Drviers please read!

To: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>,
Subject: Re: Neon Super Solo..all Neon Drviers please read!
From: Mark Darby <markds33@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:58:21 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Eric!
 Daimler-Chrysler has not reached that decision yet!
In the packet they sent out, announcing that they were
back, they stated..."The program will run up to but
not include the Solo Finals or the unique Super
Solos;unless it is proven that the NEONS are indeed
running on a level playing field and that the SCCA is
making a concerted effort to make it fair for all
racers. The decision to include these year end events
will be made later in the summer".
 Now that I have the August issue of Sports Car in my
hands and have re-read the SCAC's proposal to
re-structure the stock classes(Combined with the above
statement from D-C), I , now more than ever, feel that
the SCAC is making the same mistake that Road Racing
made last year! I fear the loss of our great sports
largest sponsor!
The classification of the NEON in Class 5 is a clear
discrimination of D-C's success.Sure the NEON is a
hell of a good little economy car but that is exactly
what it is.... a 4 cyl,economy car!
 Lets all take a look at the proposed Class 5 and
Class 8!
Class 5 is full of what the real world(Insurance
co's,banks,etc) calls sport GT's.Filled with names
like Maserati,BMW,Acura,and high tech gagets like
turbo chargers,V-tech,VVTi,limited slip,and silky
smooth 6cyl engines! (The laughs and scoffs that the
owners of these cars would make if you told them that
the NEON was equal to their cars should be the SCAC's
first sign that maybe a mistake has been made)
 Now lets look at Class 8,right off the bat I see 3
other cars that are currently classed in D STOCK! The
Sentra SE-R,CRX Si,and the BMW 318ti,is,i.There are a
few very heavy 6cyl cars but the majority of this
class are economy "Grocery Getters".
 So I ask you, is the NEON a "Grocery Getter" or some
high tech,high dollar sports coupe? The extremely low
resale value of the Neon alone should be a clue!
 Also,I had accidently deleted a post by a SCAC
member(I dont remember whom it was) that stated that
he(I ASSUME it was a he) was tired of reading all of
the membership bitching about the proposed changes!
The SCAC MUST REMEMBER that the membership did not
propose this idea, THE SCAC DID!(READ HERE accepting
responsibility for ones own actions)........
Now go write you letters or emails to the SCAC and
SEB!
Mark (rainman) Darby
# 3 DS

      --- "Linnhoff, Eric"