Re: GEEZ Classing

To: tag@cs.utah.edu, GSMnow@aol.com
Subject: Re: GEEZ Classing
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:41:11 GMT
Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu> wrote:

>With regards to the original "same ratings, but runs were 2
>seconds apart" message, here is the original text:
>
>         I recorded two runs with just about identical stats.  On the
>         only instrument that matters (the event timer), one was good
>         enough for #2 PAX and the class win, while the other one was
>         2 seconds slower and would have been out of the class
>         trophies. Yup, same score.
>
>Nothing was mentioned about rain, and note the "identical stats" part.

That's because it didn't rain!  Let me clarify this.
We're talking about two different events here.  The
above quote was referring to a local event two weeks ago,
and the weather was perfect.  The 99% runs were at the
Harrisburg ProSolo, where that pesky little cloud kept
hanging over G-stock all weekend.  At Harrisburg, there
were two cubes in the car, validating that mine was
working correctly.

Something tells me that I'm going to have to make some
of these files available for the perusal of anyone who's
interested.  I can't believe that I'm the only driver
who can score their highest overall rating on their first
run of the day, and have their ratings go down as their
times get faster.

>Anyway back to the thread at hand, I agree that GEEZ would not
>be a good tool for rating different drivers in different cars. As you
>mentioned we could normalize the cars against some
>standard, but that is the function of the timing clocks :)

Thank god somebody here finally sees the light! :-)  Let's
kill this thread now.....

-Arthur ("Distorting space and time...in the wrong direction" edition)