RE: Lightweight wheels...drive only?

To: autox@autox.team.net, GRMPer@aol.com
Subject: RE: Lightweight wheels...drive only?
From: miket <miket@interaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 00 15:13:34 -0500
I've pondered  this myself, and concluded that the drive wheels are 50%.  In
other words, you get just as much bang by making the non-drive wheels lighter
as you do with the drive wheeels.  The only difference is that the drive
wheels are spun directly by the motor, and the non-drive wheels are spun
indirectly by the motor  (thru the drive wheels, to the pavement, then to the
non-drive wheels), but still by the motor.

Sounds like a good engineering philosophy question to me...

Mike Taylor