Re: Heat Cycling Articles

To: "Moore, John" <jmoore@spyglass.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heat Cycling Articles
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 22:57:56 -0500
I thought that the main reason to heat cycle tires before they were run was
to prolong their useful life, not make them majically perform better.

If non heat cycled tires were slower then why do NASCAR and several other
big racing venues all run sticker tires "when it really counts".

Now scuffed-in versus non scuffed-in tires, well, there _is_ a definite and
measurable performance difference between those two beasts.  Especially when
you don't get lotsa laps to get them up to temperature, like in Solo2.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"I ask sir, who is the militia? It is the whole people...
To disarm the people, that is the best and most
effective way to enslave them..." - George Mason