Re: Lightweight wheels...drive only?

To: "jon e prevo" <tcbracer@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Lightweight wheels...drive only?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 23:59:54 -0500
From: jon e prevo <tcbracer@juno.com>

>Your postulus is that the work required will be equal for both wheels,
>even though rotational force is being applied to only one wheel, correct?

I reject the statement that rotational force is being applied to only one
wheel.

To accelerate a car, one must overcome the rotational inertia of all four
wheels, regardless of where the drive-shafts  are located in the car.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green