Spec class?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spec class?
From: Snapspinnr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 14:58:48 EDT
thinking about classing and this thought came to mind. What about running
"Spec" classes in stock?

The thought here is to start a class that will have a stable rule setup for X
number of years. This way everyone could buy a car for the class and know that
they have "the" car for the class until the rules change.

The car I would propose to be a spec car would be the 1.8 liter 1st gen Miatas.
The cars would be prepared to stock class spec's and run in there own "spec"
class. If the SCCA would commit to leaving the rules alone for say 3 to 5 years
I think a lot of members would be attracted to such a class.

I think a lot of drivers would like it for the following reasons:

1. Reduced cost - With only 1 car to buy and setup for the next 3 - 5 years.

2. It would be a real drivers class - Everyone would have "the" car.

I probably wouldn't run in this class because I am not Miata sized myself. But
I know "spec racing" is becoming popular in road racing so why not in Solo?