FW: Power Fantasies (was DSP, was Nationals entries)

To: "Autox@Autox. Team. Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Power Fantasies (was DSP, was Nationals entries)
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 23:32:19 -0400
Lets not count out the BMW 325, a well set up E30 with a E36 motor might be
a bear to keep up with

We have a local guy who half-heartedly set up his E36 for CSP now he is
starting to do rather well in PAX and might be able to get it right

Now here is a car that starts with ~190hp ~3000 lbs

And as always is more in real life then on paper (BMW, duh)

15.7 lbs per hp

BMW's have always been referred to as greater then the sum of their parts
Which in one time was true since what we were comparing them to was
Under constructed and overrated American and to an extent the Japanese
Now the Japanese still overrate the $#!T out of their cars. (Don't believe
me? Show mw that 168HP civic SI again :)
But now everyone is getting on a level Playing field and Japanese quality is
almost up to German standards and American
Quality has been making leaps and bounds in the last 15 years.

As I once heard when asked about the Nissan Maxima and it's 240hp hurting
sales of the BMW
M3 Scott Doniniger (ex M brand manager) squeezed his thumb and forefinger
together like
Holding something really small and said:

"YES but they are LITTLE Horses"

Jeff Lloyd
'96 Z3 1.9 with 138 big stinky horses that go to the Gym 4 times a week (M44
POWER!!!!!)