Re: Coming to Topeka - road information needed

To: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coming to Topeka - road information needed
From: Gary Spray <gspray@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 20:46:12 -0500
At 05:13 PM 9/4/2000 -0500, John Lieberman wrote:
>Is anybody out there familiar with the condition of US-71 through
>Arkansas and Missouri?!?

John-

We used to take US-71 to Arkansas when we were going canoeing. We haven't
been down it this year but once you get on it you have nothing but four
lane highway all the way in to Topeka. K-10 is four lane all the way
through Lawrence but it becomes 23rd street in Lawrence and has heavy
traffic most of the day. K-10 will lead you to the Kansas Turnpike (I-70)
which goes straight west to Topeka.

I don't know what shape US-71 is in but it seems that over the years of
going whitewater canoeing in Arkansas there was ALWAYS construction on it
somewhere in Missouri. The same holds true for I-70 between Lawrence and
Topeka where there is a 6 mile stretch where traffic is down to two lanes
due to construction.

In spite of all this it's the best way to Topeka from where you are.

Have a safe trip.

Gary Spray
Topeka, Kansas

Eudora Pro 4.3.2