RE: Help needed in classing a Cobra Kit Car.

To: "Greg Smith" <mr_beachcomber@email.msn.com>
Subject: RE: Help needed in classing a Cobra Kit Car.
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 05:46:19 -0700

While Greg is correct to the letter of the rules, one would seemingly have to
have a copy of the rulebook and the GCR in front of them while building thier
kit car.  The very notion that it is a "kit" tells me that the construction
method and design has been mapped out.  The odds that any kit in the US fits the
stringent criteria for a respective Prepared class seems fairly impossible.
Anything is possible I guess.

I would go with E Mod.  With that sized engine, it should be the only place it
can play by the true letter of the law assuming that the owner doesn't care to
look up the 100 specs that it would take to make it legal.  (ya AM, whatever)

Now in the SPIRIT of the game Topper, you and your Region decide.  Take a look
at the local BP class and ask them if they care.  In NER, we let Caterham's run
in ASP and we give the local Mini club a class of thier own.

AB

"Greg Smith" <mr_beachcomber@email.msn.com> on 09/06/2000 08:37:13 AM

Please respond to "Greg Smith" <mr_beachcomber@email.msn.com>