News from Team Solo-Atlanta

To: solo2atlanta@topica.com
Subject: News from Team Solo-Atlanta
From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 10:14:14 -0400
We had a Team Solo meeting on Thursday evening. Some important things
were discussed that will affect all 2000 competitors.

1. We decided to NOT make up the points event that got washed out at
Perry. This means that we are running a 9 event series instead of a 10
event series. Still, your top 7 finishes count toward the championship.
Therefore, the September 17th event will be the 8th points event and the
September 24th event will be the 9th and final points event for 2000.

2. We WILL be hosting a SE Divisional event November 11-12. This will be
a 2-day event, the entry fee is $45 and you DO have to be a SCCA member
to run this event. You have to pre-register for this event on-line. DO
NOT pre-register at our website. Pre-register at:

http://www.eec.com/sediv/registration.html

I encourage everyone in the Atlanta area to take advantage of this great
event. This is an opportunity to run with some top-notch competitors in
your class and to get a first-hand look at what they do to their cars.

There WILL be a NOVICE class at this Divisional, but you DO have to be an
SCCA member.

There was some discussion if we will allow people to run Sunday, only.
That would be the decision of the SE Divisional Steward, Mark Sipe.

3. We discussed our van & trailer situation. This matter is being taken
to the Atlanta Region Board of Directors. Stay tuned for more information
coming soon. In the meantime, Paul Barros has volunteered to tow the
trailer to the event on September 17th. We could use more volunteers to
help out in a similar fashion for September 24th and for the Divisional
in November.

Ben Thatcher
Apex Benefit Services & Motorsports
Stockbridge, GA