RE: Neon/Hoosier question?

To: Jeff Lloyd <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>, Pete Gallo <PeteG@ij.net>,
Subject: RE: Neon/Hoosier question?
From: Mark Darby <markds33@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:14:04 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Team!
 I know for fact that the Hoosier 225/50-14 will fit
on the Neons favorite aftermarket wheel the AR-24. The
problem with them is that they stick out too far, the
stock class rules state that the tire may not stick
out past the wheel well when viewed from the top.
Clearly this package (Hoosier 225 on an AR-24) does
stick out past the wheel arch. I know that two guys
from Seattle intended to run the 225 Hoosier on AR-24
at the Nats this year,I pointed out the problem to
them and they didnt seem to care.I dont know if they
ran this package at Nationals for sure,but if they did
and no one protested I would be very suprised! I say
that only because I have seen how wide the 225 Hoosier
is and I would love to run them myself!
Mark"Rainman"Darby
#3 DS