My 2000 Solo II Tire Rack Nationals Experience

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: My 2000 Solo II Tire Rack Nationals Experience
From: Adam Popp <raft321@fuse.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 16:49:09 -0400
Hello Team.netters! Well my 1st time driving at the nationals didn't go
as well as I would of liked but the rest time I had at the nationals was
great.  It was great to see some of you on this list.
  I had a good time at the CP party,the B/SP party,going to Baby Dolls,
and announcing for my 1st time at the nationals. I had a good time at
the banquets also. Wednesday night I had to get up and talk about the
classes I announced. I was a little nervous up on stage as soon as that
I walked into that bright light. I stuttered a little bit in my 1st 2
sentences, but after that I the nervousness went away.  Next year or the
next time I announce at the nats, I will be better prepared and give
better info at the banquets.  Thanks again Danny Shields and Howard
Duncan for letting me announce. I should of done that at the banquet but
it slipped my mind . Better late then never.
 I finished a dissapointing 30th out of 42 entries in B/SP. I did a lot
better on Friday on the South course getting 3 clean runs and good times
with my best run being a 51.8. Exactly opposite of my Thursday results
on the North Course, as I didn't get 1 clean run in. If I would of
gotten a clean run on my 2nd run with a 57.6 I would of finished 19th
overall.  I'm glad that I did much better the 2nd day then I did the 1st
day,I was hoping to better, but there's always the next time.
  R.A.F.T. racing brought home it's 2nd national champion ever this year
and that is Gordon Kinney in the white with black stripes '65 sunbeam
tiger. Congratulations Gordon!  John Whitling finished in the 5th place
trophy position, and my bro Daniel finished 8th trophy position in
B/SP.  I can' wait until next year or the next time that I go. That's it
for now, I'm out.

P.S.- For those of you that wanted to know what the other version of
R.A.F.T. Racing at the Wednesday night banquet, the explicit version is
(Rip And F@$#$ing Tear!)