Re: Help with 240Z Carbs!

To: RacerFlash@aol.com
Subject: Re: Help with 240Z Carbs!
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 16:14:51 -0500
I wouldn't argue, for a moment, with what Greg and Rich have already
said.  I would, however, strongly suggest that you look at the needles
you're running.  Your choice of needles on SU (or Hitachi SU knockoff)
carbs can make all the difference in the world.  (That's assuming that
the jet seats aren't worn!!)

Once you finally get that sorted, I would suggest that you dump the
stock points/condenser in favor of at least a Pertronix ignitor.  It's
just a little black box that fits inside the distributor cap, costs
about $90, and completely eliminates the points/distributor. A better
(and more costly) approach would be to add an MSD ignition or, better
yet, just dump the distributor in favor of a Jacobs or ElectroMotive
ignition system.

YMMV

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman