Re: Details of the Fram deal?

To: "Darren P. Madams" <darren@madams.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Details of the Fram deal?
From: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 16:10:09 -0700
| I was a little worried that he has no desire to race with us, but
| hey, I have no desire to drag race even if I was the CEO of NHRA even if
| could run the place so I see where he's coming from.

In fact all of the top brass at NHRA were either racers or have gone
through things like the Frank Hawley drag racing school.  Wally Parks the
founder was an old racer.  He climbed back into a car a year or two ago for
kicks!  The guy's about 80.  I think his wife, Barbara went through the
school too.  They also have regular challenge events and proams using
street cars where the execs compete.  Imagine having John Force screaming
in your ear while you're trying concentrate on the Christmas Tree.

The only exception to NHRA executives experiencing the sport, was Steve
Johnson.

But I would agree that he's had a great attitude here with the SCCA.  I'd
love to see him get in a car.  Topeka may have been a little intimidating.
A better approach would to have him go through the Evolution school and
then run a few regional events.  Then he would be more comfortable making a
cameo appearance at some big events.

-STE