Re: Rocky's Stats for 2000?

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Rocky's Stats for 2000?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:56:24 -0500
1073 cars x 6 runs each = 6438 total runs x 5 seconds saved per run = 32,190
seconds -- or 536 minutes 30 seconds, or 8 hours, 56 minutes, 30 seconds. Or
1 hour, 7 minutes, 3.75 seconds per course per day.

Sam says it "only" came to 75 minutes per course per day? That's an hour-15.
Our numbers are close enough it is no argument. This year we ran about a
270-car event on each course each day four days running. That time saving is
how we were able to get 1073 cars through in about the same time it took to
run 908 last year.

Consider the down time about the same as previous years (except coursewalk
was cut from 20 to 15 minutes between heats), then how lucky we were with
both great weather and no on-course incidents that caused long delays (even
what cars we did break were quickly cleared). And we were done about 4 pm
each day. Have a major oops, or a big rain, and that fudge factor is quickly
gone.

We are getting awfully good at this (some classes were shorted runs in the
first few years), but let's not tempt fate. We need that fudge factor for
when s*** happens. IMHO.

--Rocky