Re: Solo II Co-Rookies of the Year

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Solo II Co-Rookies of the Year
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 00:08:14 -0500
Now I simply must address this "rookie" titling.

Just because someone has never attended Nationals does not necessarily make
them a rookie.  There are tons of folks who have many years under their
belts and just because they attend the Nationals for the first time they're
a rookie?  Hardly.  I heard tell of a gentlemen who's been autocrossing for
30 some years and just this year finally made it to the "big show" in
Topeka.

_That's_ no rookie.

To me, a rookie is in only their first or second year ever and attending the
Nationals for the first time.  Don't get me wrong, I definitely don't want
to take away anything from those folks who drove their butts off for their
wins but a rookie should, by definition, have very few rings around their
trunks.

That's all I have to say about that.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"Whether outwardly or inwardly, whether in space or time,
the farther we penetrate the unknown,
the vaster and more marvelous it becomes."
Charles A. Lindbergh