VW GTI/FSP question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: VW GTI/FSP question
From: Pete Gossett <PeteGossett@netscape.net>
Date: 23 Sep 00 20:33:30 CDT
I have the chance to buy a nice, stock '83 GTI. Does anyone have any advice
about making it into an FSP car? Specifically, what
springs/struts/swaybars/bushings should I go for, as well as any advice for
brakes/header/engine/etc.

The car has 98,000mi, doesn't use or leak oil, has the mechanical fuel
injection, a new stock clutch, and seems mechanically & structurally sound.

Also, what would be a rough estimate for such a build-up? I'll be honest, I
don't know the first thing about VW's or their cost.

Appreciate the advice!