Re: Garage Painting...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage Painting...
From: Lloyd.Wilson@Alcan.Com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:35:59 -0500 (CDT)
--Boundary_(ID_gksoi+CFVqRx03UUkZ5cNQ)

I will be re-painting my floor this year (I hope).  I painted it last year with
a water-based paint.  Pretty much a Homer.  Really stupid.  Do not used
water-based garage floor paint, no matter what the manufacture warranties.  I
do know better but sometimes logical does not prevail.

I did prep the floor well (I think?).  I power washed it twice then used
miratic acid.  Let it dry thoroughly  I applied two thin coats and let that dry
thoroughly.  Everywhere the tires do not come in contact with the floor it is
holding help well.  Race tires and/or wet street tires, the paint is peeling.
The floor jack has done some damage but that because the swivel wheel bearings
are wasted.  A dragging floor jack wheel while letting a car down will rip any
floor paint.

I recommend prepping the floor well and using an exopy-base paint.  I has seen
these types of paints uphold to forklift traffic, dragging loads and etc.  Of
course that industrial type of paint is applied at .015" - .020" thick.

Lloyd Wilson

--Boundary_(ID_gksoi+CFVqRx03UUkZ5cNQ)--