RE: powder puff classes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: powder puff classes
From: "Moore, John" <jmoore@opentv.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:47:36 -0500
        This message is truly offensive. To degrade a persons
accomplishments because of the class they choose to run in is abhorent.
Would you just as willingly attack FS or ESP or CP?
        And to degrade the Ladies class competition as being "powder puff"
is ignorant. Take ESL for example. If you didn't happen to see ESL run, it
was a battle between 2 serious competitors (Sara Meissner and Denise
Cashmore) and was one of the best fought battles of the week. The trophies
they received are just as hard fought and deserved as any open class
        And as for the STS PAX index being a joke, did you happen to look at
the results from Nationals? Brian Priebe, an "A-list" driver ran much slower
than the index. Slower than HS. STS performance is very course dependant,
and the 2 nationals courses provided one favorable (South, street tires not
that much of a factor) and one unfavorable course for STS.
        So instead of attacking classes where you choose not to run, maybe
you should expend you efforts in a manner that would be of benefit the
classes you do run.

John Moore
1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R (STS)
1993 Toyota MR2 NA (CS) For Sale!