Re: OSP email list

To: "Doug Miller" <drmiller@intcc.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OSP email list
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:47:50 -0700
Doug Miller writes:
> Ever wonder how to get an OSP class going in your own
> back yard?
> SFR is one region with a very successful OSP class. How did
> they do it? What permissions did they have to get from nationals?
> snip>
> I'm really hoping that folks with successful programs will come
> help out the folks who just want to build FUN cars and go
> fast really cheap.

Don't think all this is necessary.  Just have your local group add the class
to your local regs. Two rules: DOT tires and current license, done deal.  No
permission required from Denver.  How easy it is depends on how your local
rules committee works. I'm sure someone in SFR can send you a copy of their
version and I'll dig up CalClub's and send that too.  Local classes are not
a big deal.  We have a bunch of extra classes, the original StreetMod (our
OSP), Historic, Seniors (those over 50 driving the same car with an age
handicap), Trophy Dash (class winners from previous event driving the same
car for year end bragging rights to being the "best" - and yes there is a
ladies version), SportTruck (for pickups), 2 Street Tire classes (stock cars
on 140 or greater treadwear tires), and probably a couple of more I can't
remember.  Of course it helps to be able to draw 200-250 entrants to do this
:-))

Rick Brown
FP 240Z