Re: Dixie Region Trailer Stolen

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dixie Region Trailer Stolen
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:38:23 EDT
Tongue locks only keep opportuists from stealing trailers.  It's not unheard
of for a determined thief just to chain the trailer tongue to a truck bumper.
 In addition to a tongue lock I also run a two separate high-strength Gorilla
cable locks through each wheel and around the axle to prevent the wheels from
rolling without removing the cables.

However, in the world of thievery if someone wants something bad enough they
can probably get it with enough effort and skill.  All you can do is make it
difficult enough so they either give up or are at it long enough to be
seen/caught.

Losing your trailer with all it's contents has to be every owner's worst
nightmare, come true.  My sympathies to the club.  Is the event scheduled
Oct. 8 at the new Marianna, FL concrete site cancelled?

alfakarl@hotmail.com writes:

<< >From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>

 >A tongue lock is cheap insurance. Get 'em at the RV store. Salina >Region
 >has one that's always on the tongue when it is not attached to >something.
 >I towed my car to an event earlier this year where I knew >I'd have to
 >leave the trailer alone at the Motel while I went to >something else in the
 >city, so I bought a tongue lock for it. $44.41.

 Had one on it! They must have cut thru it somehow!